Saturday 13 April 2013

Slow Cooker Fudge

Found a recipe for Chocolate Fudge in the slow cooker on Pinterest the other day and thought it seemed like a good idea. Not bad I guess, but I'm actually not sure why you would do it as melting chocolate isn't really that big of a deal.
Here's the original recipe:
I didn't have honey so used maple syrup, and I also used coconut cream instead of coconut milk and neither change seemed to matter.

The chocolate tastes slightly burnt even though I turned the slow cooker off 10mins early, which was annoying as using the slow cooker was supposed to prevent burning. I reckon the recipe would work perfectly fine if you did the first step in the microwave or in a pot instead. Much faster too.

It only took about an hour to cool down, and an hour to set in the fridge. No idea why it took so long for the person who wrote the original recipe!

Anyway, it still tastes alright so not a complete fail. I'm still thankful that I have fudge to eat tonight!

Nic xx

No comments:

Post a Comment